INSTRUCTIONAL CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
- A variety of classes and workshops are available to all members.
- Members must have completed the designated, three required reed baskets.
- Members must be current on monitoring hours.
- Class sign-up sheets are posted on the Basketeers’ bulletin board.
Mason Jar Basket Class
Date and Time: Monday, January 21, 2019 at 9 am
Wooden or Clay Base Bowl Basket Class
Date and Time: Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 9 am
- #2 Round Reed Natural and Colored
- Wooden or Clay Bowl for Base with an even number of holes punched.
Pine Needle Basket Class
Dates: Tuesdays March 5, 12, 19, and 26th 2019
- Several straight pins
- Sharp pointed scissors
- Thimble (optional)
- Seam gauge/ruler
- Needle nose pliers
- Hair clips
CHRISTMAS BASKET WORKSHOP
The Basket Club is having a Christmas basket and ornament workshop in August. If you’re here in Sun City West for the summer, please join us for some basket making fun! Snowbirds, sorry you can’t join us, but give any of these fun patterns a try!
Click the buttons to display each pattern in a PDF file for you to print. New to the workshop this year are the snowflake, woven cross, Christmas tree ornament, and star wreath ornament. Back by popular request are the Angel ornament, reindeer ornament, gift card basket, woven ornament, snowman hat & mini-snowman hat. This is a chance to make ornaments for yourself or the craft fair and have fun as a group.
Fellow Basketeers will be there to help out if anyone has questions on any of the patterns.
Reed and some decorations for the patterns are available at the club for purchase.